Sunday, March 2, 2014

Final Freewriting Blog Entry

As I have come to the end of writing all of my freewriting blogs for about a month, I have discovered some good and bad things about my writing skills.  Either way, I have still grown as a writer, and out of the month of freewriting every single day has really helped me when it comes to knowing what things to say.  Now I know how to put words together and not have to worry about how they sound because I can always edit them later if they really need it.

When I first began my freewriting blogs, it was always hard for me to find something to even start writing about.  I would sit for at least ten minutes each time just trying to find a topic to start putting on paper. Now that I have written every day for the past month, it is a little bit easier for me to find what to say.  Sometimes I still have a little bit of trouble finding a topic, but once I find something, I know exactly what I am going to say, and I never have the moments where I just sit and forget what to say in the same sentence.  My sentences fit together nicely for the most part, and the only time that I have to pause is because I feel like I typed something wrong.

Since the blogs are not really a formal type of writing, punctuation has been something that I have somewhat forgotten about.  In the beginning, I would put commas in all the right places, along with apostrophes.  When I got closer and closer to the end of freewriting assignment, it is like I stopped caring about all of the punctuation, and did not care as much about what everything sounded like.  I figured that I would be the only one reading my blogs anyway, so as long as I could understand everything, that was all that mattered to me. When I do actual assignments, I still use punctuation, however.  I guess it was just strictly for the blogs that I had decided to quit.

Comparing how I used to write to how I write now, I would say that I am tons better now.  Ever since I have started freewriting, all of my words just fall out on to the paper, and I hardly ever have problems with coming up with something to say.  Even when I have conversations with people, I can say what I want better than before.  Freewriting has really impacted my life in a way that I never thought something could, and it was definitely one of the best assignments that I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment