Monday, February 10, 2014

freewriting 2-10-2014

The game Flappy Bird has been around for a few weeks now, and out of nowhere it has been taken down from the market and we can no longer download the game to our phones, tablets, and everything else.  The game resembles the Mario games and although I haven’t read anything about what is going on with Flappy Bird, I have been told by multiple people that they are being sued for being too much like Mario. 

I know that the game looks similar to Mario, with the background trees, and the green tubes everywhere, but the concept of the game is completely different that the concept of Mario games.  I have seen a few different games like Flappy Bird before, so I wonder why those other games have not tried to sue flappy bird.  I am guessing it is because Mario is such a popular game.

All of the games that have to do with Mario are constantly being talked about.  I don’t think that the person who created Flappy Bird wanted to create any sort of chaos over the fact that it looks similar to the Mario games.  I think that they probably thought that it would be funny for people to open Flappy Bird, thinking that it would be just like Mario and then having them get annoyed and freaked out that it is completely different. 

Flappy Bird is a really addicting game according to a lot of teenagers and adults.  Since it is no longer available to download, multiple people have been selling their phones on eBay for thousands of dollars, and some people have actually been successful in selling their phones.  It’s crazy to see how far people will go in order to get what they want.  Since I have Flappy Bird downloaded to my phone, it kind of makes me want to sell it on eBay and make five thousand dollars off of it.  I don’t understand why people are willing to pay that much for a game when there are other ones similar to it, but if it is benefitting everyone, then so be it I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment