Tuesday, February 25, 2014

freewriting 2-25-14

I recently decided that I wanted to start getting ready for summer.  Working out was my top priority, but a lot of the time when I work out, I give up really fast because I want immediate results.  So far I have been working out for about a month, and I am seeing a little bit of a difference.  A few days ago I decided that I wanted to start tanning as well, that way when summer comes, I don't burn every single time I am out in the sun, plus, when I am tan, my self-esteem gets a pretty big boost.  

Tanning helps with getting rid of acne, whether it be just by healing it, or just making it less noticeable from having a darker complexion.  One of my favorite things about tanning is that it makes my skin tone actually even, and because of that, I don't feel the need to wear as much makeup.  Since I don't wear as much makeup when I am tan, my skin gets even better because I don't have to deal with makeup clogging all of my pores and ruining my skin even more than it already was.

The only downfall of tanning is that it can cause cancer.  The way I look at it though, is that basically everything has been said to cause cancer these days.  In my health class from a few semesters ago, we were taught that a person would have to eat around a thousand pieces of bacon a day for months before it would actually kill them.  Where as in magazines and everything else, they strictly say "bacon causes heart disease".  Obviously it does, but not in tiny amounts.

Since I am a pretty pale person in the first place, I know that I am not going to tan every single day of the week.  I would like to, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to look abnormally dark.  When I get a decent amount of tan going on, I am going to quit and just wait for the summer sun to roll around. 

2 comments:

  1. Moderation might be key here. I pulled a few weeds today so that ought start the tanning season for me. Maybe you could combine the two? Working out ..outside? ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same boat as you! I have been exercising for many weeks now in hopes of loosing my newly acquired friends (My fat rolls). I have tried to be diligent, but like you I am very impatient and would love to just wake up and be 10 lbs lighter again!

    I tan every year and I always think it is going to kill me in the end. However, I have done some research and I think I am making a healthier decision compared to burning to a crisp over the summer. I hate sun screen and I am Irish, so the two don't mix well. I become a lobster if I don't have a base tan to keep me from turning red. The compromise I made with myself is I only tan 10 minutes every other day. My skin stays clear (acne prevention) and I don't burn at the sight of the sun. Hopefully it doesn't kill me in the end!

    ReplyDelete