Thursday, February 27, 2014

freewriting 2-27-14

As of today, it is exactly one month until I turn twenty.  I am really excited, but at the same time, I am kind of sad too.  The fact that I will no longer be a teenager makes me a little unhappy because most people say that being a teenager is the best years of everyone's life and to live life to the fullest and just have a ton of fun while I still can.  I can honestly say that I have made it this far in life without drinking any alcohol, smoking cigarettes or anything else.  Everything that is considered bad for your health, I have not done.

It isn't the fact that I am a lame person or anything like that.  The reason I don't do those things is literally because I am just fine without them and I can't see the point in harming my body, even one time, just to have a "good time".  Everyone that I have ever seen drink, always ends up regretting how much they drank because of all the puke that ends up on the floor, and on their face.  Hangovers don't seem like the funnest thing in the world either, and they definitely don't make drinking seem worth it.

Smoking can't even have a benefit.  It is just bad for you all the way around and there is apparently no fun in it anyway.  I guess it is supposed to calm people down when they are stressed out.  The only thing I can say to that is, get a stress ball, don't start smoking!  I like my lungs just the way they are.  For all I know, they're getting black from all the second hand smoke that I am around.

I know that it is best to live life and have fun while I still can, but I can have fun without drinking or smoking.  Most people don't think it is possible, but most people also fall into peer pressure at a young age and get started in early on all that bad stuff.  Thankfully, even if I were to somehow change my mind about doing all of those things, I don't have an addictive personality, so I think I would be one of the lucky ones that would not get addicted.  I would just rather not do it and be safe than sorry.

1 comment:

  1. First, I commend you for sticking to your core beliefs in regards to drinking and smoking. I think you have a very healthy mindset and I have no doubt that will help you to go far in life. I loved the line that read, "The reasons I don't do those things is literally because I am just fine without them and I can't see the point in harming my body, even one time, just to have "a good time". I totally agree with you, and I think if more young people thought the way you do, there would be a serious decline in deaths among your age group. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete