Tuesday, February 18, 2014

freewriting 2-13-14

Music is one of my favorite things in the entire world. I love all kinds of music and I love to just sit and listen or play it all day long.  I started playing the drums when I was in 5th grade, and I think that is what started me loving music so much.  In high school, I decided to be in the school choir, and now that I am in college, I also play a little bit of piano too.  If I had a guitar, I would definitely learn how to play that as well. 

Playing music is almost like working out to some people. It’s like when you’re done playing it and you have successfully made a certain song the exact way that you want it, you’re just automatically happy.  Yes, sometimes it is hard to get everything the exact way that you want it, but it is also hard to work out the right way. Most people will give up once they feel their muscles burning.  With music, most people will give up after the tenth time of missing a note. 

The one thing that I miss about high school is band and choir.  I looked forward to those classes every single day, and I could care less about any of my other classes.  Getting up and singing for an hour was one of my absolute favorite things to do, and I still sing constantly because of the impact that choir had made on my life.  Every chance that I find different surfaces to tap on, I do that do, because you can drum on literally anything out there, and I think that’s why I find drumming so interesting.  When I’m feeling invincible, I sit down and try to play my piano, but I’m honestly not that great at it seeing how I am still learning.

 Practice makes perfect, and if you’re a musician, practicing every chance that you get will make you better and better that much faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment