Friday, February 21, 2014

freewriting 2-21-14

Art has always been something that I love, but I never realized that I love even making flyers and stuff for my computer applications class.  I feel like design might actually be something that I want to do with my life. 

The other day in class, we had to make a lost dog flyer, it was one of the most simple things.  I never had paid attention to how easy it was to actually change so much about plain words on a piece of virtual paper.  It started out as just a few paragraphs with Calibri font, and then once we were done, we had pictures of dogs, a border, a huge title, and then even added color to other little words to make them stand out.  I guess since I used to dread doing stuff like that in junior high, I figured I would hate it for the rest of my life. Needless to say, I was incredibly wrong.  Now, I have been designing shirts on customink.com and have made a few that I really want to buy, and I feel like other people would really like the way that they look too. 

I'm not sure why all of a sudden I started to want to design things, but it really is fun, and it takes my mind off of a lot of stressful situations that I have had to deal with for the past few weeks.  Usually in my free time, when I am feeling creative, I will just draw. But now that I have something to do on the computer, I can have more fun than sitting and not knowing what to draw next.  Now I have options that are right in front of my face to choose from, and I actually like it a lot better because I can visualize how I want things to look, and I can copy and paste images together and morph them and so on.  For some reason when I draw, it is really hard to me to envision how I want everything to look, and therefore, I end up quitting when my picture is only half way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment