Tuesday, February 11, 2014

freewriting 2-11-2014

Most people think that Valentine’s Day is a stupid and pointless holiday.  I somewhat agree, but I also love it at the same time.  I can see how people think it is pointless seeing how it is just basically an excuse to get your significant other some random present. 

Seeing how I have a boyfriend, I love Valentine’s Day.  The hardest part about the holiday is trying to figure out a present for my boyfriend, but seeing how he is also my best friend, I know exactly what he likes.  The people who do not have a boyfriend or girlfriend on Valentine’s Day always seem to be whiney about the holiday, even though they say that they don’t even care that they won’t be getting any gifts that day. 

I have noticed that single people talk about Valentine’s Day more than the people who are in a relationship.  One of the cutest things that I think people give is either flowers or stuffed animals that are holding a heart.  Even getting crafty and making your own personal present is a really good idea.  The thought is really what counts for this holiday.  Most people I don’t think spend a bunch of money, so it is just cute little things that are being given, and that is perfectly okay, especially seeing how people can’t just puke up money. 

I have no idea what I am getting for Valentine’s Day from my boyfriend, but I know that whatever it is, will be super special and meaningful, and that’s what I love.  He could literally get me a piece of paper that says “Erika sucks” on it, and I would still love it because we are constantly joking with each other.  

No matter how much everyone supposedly hates Valentine’s Day, I love it, and I hope that more and more people can see that it is not just a stupid and pointless holiday. It’s the one day in the year that is literally meant to show people how much you love and care about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment